The g-meter is a portable brake tester or decelerometer that is designed to be used for statutory annual MOT brake performance testing of Class I, II, III, IV, V, VI & VII vehicles in accordance with the Motor Vehicle (Tests).
Visit the Butts of Bawtry website for more information on G Meter Electronic Brake Meter
It is also suitable for statutory testing of HGVs and are also TÜV-certified as brake efficiency measuring instruments.
• Displays brake efficiency in % g or m s-2
• Readings are shown on a bright LED display as Brake Efficiency in percent
• Self Aligning - automatically senses direction of travel
• Portable and easy to use
• VOSA-certified for MOT testing on all classes of vehicle
• TUV Approved!
• Self contained, no external connections required.
The g-meter is used by the DVSA inspectors when carrying out spot checks and is the preferred unit of choice for most MOT stations throughout the United Kingdom. It is small, robust and extremely accurate.
For testing motorcycles please use our TME0505 Adaptor Straps.
We also offer a calibration service (turnaround 5 to 7 working days) as these units need to be re-calibrated every 2 years.